CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Spring Break in Yuma

Back in March, during my Spring Break, I was able to travel with my parents down to Yuma, AZ to visit my grandparents. That was the first time in about four years that I was able to get down there and visit them. There are a few things that have always facinated me along the road to Yuma, the fields of oil wells, and the fields of windmills. I didn't get a chance to get any pictures of the oil wells (it was either dark or I was asleep when we drove past them, I can't remember), but was able to get a few of the windmills.


They actually turned out pretty good for being taken through the window as we drove down the freeway:>)


We spend the week at my grandparents, it felt nice to be able to relax, even though we did have a few projects that we did for them. After we were through with doctor visits for the week, and after a couple trips to Lowe's, my dad added some supports to the front steps so they didn't sag, and built a new handrail, one that was sturdy and didn't move when you touched it.


These are acouple of palms behind one of my grandparent's neighbor's, I thgought they looked interesting at dusk.


On one of our last days in Yuma my parents took me over to the city cemetery. We bypassed the newer sections for the older section. I found this statute as I was wandering, and I was surprised 'cause I have several bisque statues exactly like it waiting for me to paint them. I'd never seen one like it outside of my grandma's ceramic shop.



While my dad was working on the steps my grandma had me put the water on in one of her flowerbeds. She told me taht hse had a little friend who always came out to visit when she was watering. It didn't take long for this little guy to come out to get a drink. He was very tolerant of me and my flash, but when I got too close he decided it was time to hide, though he still kept an eye on me.


The first time we went down to Yuma several years ago, we drove past the large, white rock formations, a sign near by said that they were the "Mormon Rocks". Since it was a two lane, more rural road, my dad pulled off to the side and I was able to get out and take pictures this time.




There were some nice Joshua trees near where we stopped, so I decided to take a few pictures of the for my nephew, Joshua.


2 comments:

Lee Family said...

yay an update!!! those windmills have always intrigued me. I took pictures of them a few years ago when we went down for Thanksgiving. Last year we didn't go that way.
like grandma's little friend...he's cute!

Rainee said...

wow....you ARE a good photographer. Thanks for sharing.