CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Break the Fast



Two years ago, before I switched wards, before the College Oak Ward & Sylvan Ward had a combined schedule, before half of the Lake Natoma Ward came and doubled the size of the College Oak Ward, I was well known for bringing desserts for our Break the Fast Potlucks. Since I rejoined the singles ward and I started working Sunday mornings, I hadn't been bring much to the potlucks because I never left myself enough time to make anything.

For our February Potluck I decided that I was going to make a cheesecake. Not the no-bake cheesecake I'd made and brought in the past, but a real cheesecake. So I got up early Sunday morning and baked it before I had to go in to work. I had been trying to rush and get it done quickly by turning the heat up a bit, so it was slightly over baked, but it tasted good anyways.

By the time the men went through the line at the potluck there wasn't any of my cheesecake left. My friend, Ben, really wanted to try the cheesecake, so he held a game night and asked me to bring the cheesecake. So the following Friday night we had a mini potluck, played the Wii and the card game Bang! I do have to say that Friday's cheesecakes turned out much better than the one I made on Sunday, but that's probably because I wasn't in a hurry to get somewhere.

1 comments:

Hirsche Family said...

Mmmmm! Looks good! Too bad you can't mail me some.