CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

Who is this "Tristan" fellow anyways?

Am I really that desperate? No, don't worry; I'm not...just board. Hey, after all, it wasn't my fault, I blame Darren, he is the one who "introduced" us. It was a split second decision, I didn't even think, I just spoke. Now that's something I should know better than to do...always think before you speak. It was all in innocent fun, my sisters even supported the endeavor, all my close friends were in on it. I mean, something like this can't be carried out alone. Ben said I spend too much time thinking about this kinda thing, but, I am a writer after all, it's my job.

Confused? Concerned? Comprehend? Well, it all started the last Sunday in March - I think - that was the day my imaginary boyfriend came into existence. As I stated above, I didn't give it much thought and it's Darren's fault. Darren was being, well he was being Darren, and then, somehow the name Tristan came up and he quickly became my boyfriend whom as far as Darren knew only Alison and I could see. But, by the end of the day, Alison and I had several more of our friends in on it. All in fun, right?

Originally, I was just messing with Darren, but then thought I'd extend the merriment and decided to change my relationship on Facebook. Soon I had even more friends in on the joke. Well, one thing led to another and soon Tristan who by this time had developed into more than just a name, had is own MySpace and Facebook pages as Tristan Oliver Chase. He ended up being 6' 5 with black hair and green eyes (Dark Irish) born April 1, 1980 to Ian Chase and Shannon Oliver Chase, the third oldest of 5 boys and one girl.

Over the next several months, Tristan transformed from my imaginary boyfriend to my fictional boyfriend. What's the difference you might ask? Well, imaginary boyfriends exist only in your mind and spoken word, Tristan became fictional when I began developing him as a character, giving him parents, siblings, a back-story, and a potential future. Once it's down on paper it ceases to be imaginary and becomes fictional.

Yes, I know, I have too much time on my hands. Who knows something good might come of this. If you want to know more about Tristan, well I'll keep you posted, I originally was going to send out a short story that explained more about Tristan, but as most of my stories do it has become anything but short. But, stay tuned, I have several adventures planned for Tristan and I'll be posting them on one of my blogs.

So, don't worry. Don't be concerned. I am well aware of what is fact and what is fiction. Besides, Tristan has become more of a quest, as my sister put it, than an actual person. After all, it's every little girl's dream to find the man of her dreams, her Prince Charming...her Tristan.