CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Insanity Runs Amok

Not much has been happening in the Heights. Work and loafing, not much else. This last weekend was a busy one. I was able to go out to my sisters on Friday for the last "Girl's Night.” On my way out of town, I stopped to get gas. I could have fought my way across and done a u-turn and then fought traffic on Auburn to get back going the right direction and gotten gas at the Arco for $4.11 (plus 45¢). But to save time I stopped at the Chevron and paid $4.19 a gallon. It wouldn't have been so bad if the price hadn't dropped to $4.13 as my waited for my receipt to print...if only I had been ten minutes later!

Saturday was fun. I was able to get off work at 11 instead of 12 so that I could go to CSUS at take the WPE (Writing Proficiency Exam). I barely made it on to campus on time, I forgot my conformation email that told me where my test site was, but thankfully I remember where the WPE office was and they were able to tell me where I was suppose to be (thankfully it was just the next building over). Three hours and one essay later I'm back in my car waiting for the AC to cool the steering wheel down enough so that I can touch it (gotta love Sac Summers!). After a quick stop at the church building to practice the organ and the songs for Sunday, I made it home in time take a shower and get ready to head up towards Placerville for a party. Good food, good friends, and an awesome pool were just what I needed.

Just under a month left before I start ARC again with class only on Wednesday nights and a few Fridays a month. September marks the beginning my pursuit of a BA. Hopefully next spring I'll be graduating from ARC with my AA (of four AA's according to my councilor). And in two year's I should graduate CSUS with two BA's, one in Psychology and one in Deaf Studies/American Sign Language.

0 comments: